August 2 - 4, 2022
Computers are the most flexible and powerful machines ever created and the field of computing touches nearly every industry from marketing to healthcare. Computer scientists & engineers get to create and program the technology that shapes the world that we live in every day. The CS4teachers conference is a great opportunity for middle and high school teachers who do not have a computing background to explore the power and impact of computing!
Explore the broad applications of computing
- Introduce a wide range of topics related to computing education, including: mobile app development, data science, teaching best practices, and cross-curricular computing integration.
Discuss the societal impacts of computing
- Learn about the intersection of computing and the impact it has on Washington's communities and people - with a focus on issues related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access.
Develop classroom connections
- Enable teachers to incorporate computing topics & computational thinking into their classroom.
Broaden the community of Washington teachers who are interested in computing education
CS4teachers is intended for middle & high school teachers who are new to teaching computing and/or teachers from non-computing disciplines who want to learn about the broad applications of computing and incorporate computational thinking into their classrooms. No computing knowledge required!
This conference is not intended for teachers with extensive computing teaching experience.
- STEM clock hours provided
- Join a supportive community of educators who are interested in computing education
- On-campus housing available (not required) on the University of Washington Seattle campus
- Exposure to world-class research that solves real-world problems and improves people's lives
Cost of the Conference
Registration fee: $50 (fee waivers available upon request)
Optional on-campus housing is available. Refundable $100 deposit required.