CS4teachers 2019: Wednesday July 10 - Friday July 12
An exploration of computer science for K-12 teachers of all subjects!
at the Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering at the University of Washington
July 10-12, 2019
New name, broader audience, same great content!
Prior to 2019, CS4teachers was known as CS4HS. We updated our name to reflect
all of the participants we attract, including K-12 teachers of all grade levels and all subjects!
Would you like the resources to incorporate fun and accessible computing elements into your classes? Join us for our CS4teachers
workshop at the University of Washington, where we will introduce you to basic computer science ideas and give you the knowledge
and resources to integrate these ideas into your teaching.
The workshop is targeted at teachers with no computer science or programming experience! Teachers with CS experience are
welcome to join - just know that the concepts and tools presented are introductory.
In a survey of past participants, 90% reported that they added computing content to their courses after attending CS4teachers,
and 96% said their enthusiasm for computing topics increased! If you're curious about technology and want to learn more, CS4teachers is your chance to explore!
The CS4teachers workshop aims to:
- Provide 20 clock hours from WSTA
- Expose you to exciting examples of computer science operating in close relationships with other disciplines.
- Teach you the basics of computational problem solving and give you the vocabulary to relate these concepts to your students and your own subject material.
- Broaden your view of computer science and the way it is shaping Washington's communities and people--and those of the entire world.
- Explore opportunities for you to help broaden your students' interest in computer science and dispel myths about what computer science is and is not.
Some past attendees found it particularly valuable to participate with colleagues from their schools or districts. We encourage you to share CS4teachers with others!
Send them a link to this page, or share our flyer!
The CS4teachers workshop is a joint undertaking between the University of Washington (UW), Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), and Tim Bell's CS Unplugged program. Please see our Resources/Affiliated Groups page for more information on this collaboration.
The University of Washington's CS4teachers workshop is sponsored by generous funding from anonymous donors and the Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering.